Heating maintenance in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
Why is the measurement of carbon monoxide so important?
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that when inhaled, depletes your blood of oxygen, by bonding with the haemoglobin in your blood to produces a toxic compound called Carboxyhaemoglobin (COHb). According to the HSE, 291 Carbon monoxide poisoning occurred in 2008, 15 were fatal. Since you can't see, smell, or taste carbon monoxide, it can kill you before you even know it's there.
Our Recommendations for Maintenance.
A planned systematic approach to maintenance ensures maximum efficiency of heating systems, increases reliability and ensures cleaner, safer running. We will inspect and service the principal gas appliances, including burners and associated flue and ventilation systems. Each gas asset is subject to a mandatory flue gas analysis, this will enable us to measure the concentrations of the pollutants present and to adjust your burners for optimal combustion and safety.
Record keeping Log-Book Portal.
During the course of the work, our engineers will update your Log-Book Portal with an individual report for each asset maintained. Principally you will be able to see at a glance if any assets require attention and have a permanent record of all work carried out. Gas assets will have a detailed two-part report showing flue gas readings and the statutory safety checks. Our unique "Log-Book Portal" comes as part of this maintenance package and offers numerous other benefits.
Other assets to be inspected and/or serviced to specification.
- Circulating pumps, rotating to ensure even wear.
- Fan coil units.
- Pipe-work including radiators. Feed and expansion tanks.
- Pressurization units, expansion vessels.
- Air handling units, changing filters, pulley alignments and drive belts.
- Enclosures, time control devices, panel interlock, contactors and overloads.
- Fail-safe devices such as deadweight and slam shut valves.
Relevant publications and standards
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
Mechanical or Natural Ventilation Systems BS 6644:2005 + A1:2008.
Other services related to heating and DWS:
- Testing of gas pipe-work installations in accordance with IGE/UP1:2003;
- Upgrades or modifications to your equipment to optimize energy efficiency;
- Boiler strip-downs for insurance surveys;
- Commissioning of newly installed systems.
- Legionella control systems for domestic hot water circuits.